Please see the link Pennsylvania Department of Health, Health Alert Network (HAN) titled, Public Health Recommendations – Testing, Isolation, and Quarantine by Vaccination Status (HAN-583); which was published on July 30, 2021. This DOH communication provides updates on the following:
- This guidance replaces PA-HAN-566 and provides clarification on quarantine recommendations for persons exposed to SARS-CoV-2.
- In counties with substantial or high transmission, CDC and DOH recommend all persons, regardless of vaccination status, to wear a mask in public indoor settings.
- Fully vaccinated people who have had a known exposure to someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 to be tested 2-5 days after exposure, and should wear a mask in public indoor settings for 14 days or until they receive a negative test.
- Regardless of vaccination status, any person with new or unexplained symptoms of COVID-19 still needs to isolate and be evaluated for SARS-CoV-2 testing.
- If you have questions about this guidance, please call your local health department or 1-877-PA-HEALTH (1-877-724-3258).
Additionally, TPA Members can locate county-specific data from the CDC COVID-19 Tracker regarding the level of transmission at the following link: https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#county-view