The purpose of this communication is to achieve the following:
- Sustain the expectation that AEs, SCOs and providers of waiver residential services use the guidance provided in ODP Announcement 19-091 and the Annotated Individual Support Plan (ISP), dated 7/3/19, to document the staffing support that is needed and will be provided to replace residential habilitation service staffing ratios.
- Announce that additional training will be provided in the future to:
- Standardize how risk factors and identified health and safety needs should be addressed using person-centered thinking skills,
- Clarify documentation of supports and services in the ISP, and
- Ensure there is a description of strategies (ex. technology, environmental, and staff supports) to mitigate risk(s) during specific activities and situations.
Reference to ODP Announcement 10-091